The OS Images section is available in the option group "Template Manager" in Flexxible|SUITE. In this section, the customer can define various types of ISOs files to use it in the automatic generation of templates.
The ISOs files* can be located in an accessible location for the system via a network path (shared folder / DFS / SOFS). The security group that has the access permissions to the resource that contains these files is called “FlexxibleVDIServices”.
The OS image definition requires the following information:
- NAME: Description of the new OS image.
- ARCHITECTURE: x32 o x64 according to the new operating system.
- OS EDITION: Exact version contained in the ISO file. The system brings pre-created a set of more than 100 editions in Servers and Workstation operating systems. Any edition not found in this list must be created before being used.
- UI LANGUAGE: ISO language (usually indicated in the name of the ISO)
- NETWORK ADAPTER NAME: Name of the network adapter in this language and OS. The system incorporates card names for all operating systems in Spanish and English. Any adapter name in another language must be previously defined in the option "Template Managers" - "Network Adapter Names".
- ISO FILE PATH: Path to the ISO file.
*Flexxible|Enterprise Appliance only provides the ISO evaluation version. So, the customer should download ISO production version file and upload it to the appliance.
In order to create a template using the Standard edition or Datacenter (W2016), the customer should upload the ISO to \\sofs\ISOS and create the OS Image, VM Model or whatever he needs.
VDI Manager automatically uses public KMS client license on the template creation process. Once it is completed, the customer can assign his KMS license.
Compatibility between Windows, Citrix and Flexxible.
- a. MS: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information Information on W10.
- b. Citrix: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224843
- c. Flexxible: The last Windows 10 public build (1709) isn't compatible with the current template creation automatic process. It's pending for upgrade.