Creating a VM Configuration Script
If it is necessary create* a new script to include in the VM creation process, the customer can use the "New" button.
*The script content can be provided from outter suppliers and it may be edited in Flexxible|SUITE. Use or edit it at your own risk. It is the under the script user responsibility its use or edition, no case on Flexxible IT. In case of any issue as a result of the above-mentioned script(s) use or edition, Flexxible IT will only be available to provide some technical advice and just as a courtesy to its customers.
At the beginning of the operation the text field of the script shows instructive information about how to build a configuration script. At this level it is important before configuring the installation operation, verify if this operation is already performed, to avoid any loop.
This form contains the following fields:
- Name: Name of the VM Configuration Script. This field is required.
- Script: VM Configuration Script. This field is required.
- Predefined Variables: This is an informational field. This field shows the predefined variables that the user can use in the script.
- Autoload for VMModels: This check makes enabled the script when a VMModel is generated.
- Execution order of priority: A number to specify the execution order of priority.
- Desktop template: The script applicates to Desktop templates.
- Application template: The script applicates to Application templates.
- Server: The script applicates to Servers.
The OS table will contain the OS on the script applies. Click in this link displays a list of available OS. If the OS doesn't exist this windows allows to create it.
The Audits table shows the list of audits of the script. When the script is new, this table is empty and non editable.
VM Configuration Script Edition
To edit the script is necessary to click in the edit button.
The user can edit all the fields with the exception of the "Is Default" check.
When the edition is ended and the user save the changes, it shows an audit screen to compare the changes with the previous version.
When the user saves it, the audits table will show the new audit. Click in the audit the page displays the modal window to compare the changes with the previous version.
If modifying the script there is a syntax error, the audit shows the error and you can cancel the edition. While the syntax error exists cript can't be updated.