Symptoms or Error
Quick Config Setup was configuring compute nodes before configuring Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) configuration. Some actions are applied during this step:
- Clearing disks before adding them to S2D
- Perform failover cluster validation before creating the cluster
- Create the failover cluster
- Delegate OU to Active Directory computer object
Deployment fails with one of the following errors (one of them):
- FATAL: Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed: powershell_script[validate test-cluster results]
Review the report file created by Failover cluster on C:\Windows\Cluster\Reports\Validation Report*.htm
- FATAL: Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed: powershell_script[test cluster]
Review report file created by Failover cluster on C:\Windows\Cluster\Reports\Validation Report*.htm
- FATAL: Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed: powershell_script[create cluster]
The following error can appear in error message:
STDERR: The clustered role was not successfully created. For more information view the report file below. Report file location: C:\Windows\cluster\Reports.
Check the HTML file and fix errors.
- Error executing action `run` on resource 'powershell_script[create cluster]'
STDERR: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\<some_file>: Cluster creation failed with error:
Contact with Flexxible IT support.
You can generate a failover cluster validation by yourself with the following command:
Test-Cluster -Node "<node01_ip>","<node02_ip>" -Include "Storage Spaces Direct","Inventory","Network","System Configuration"
After fixing the error, please resume the deployment. If the error persists, please contact Flexxible IT support.